Best Blogger Tips

Friday, January 28, 2011

Fabulous Friday Find - Natural Hair Remedies

I was watching Cityline (a local Toronto lifestyle TV show) and they shared natural hair remedies that I thought were pretty cool.  Some I have heard of before but I haven't actually tried so I am going to put them on my to try list.

I thought they might make a great Fabulous Friday Find, who doesn't want shiny healthy hair.



If you have tried any of these let me know how it went...


  • Mix vinegar (supposedly apple cider is milder) with water and rinse your hair after shampooing. The vinegar smooths any rough areas of the cuticle of the hair and adds shine. 
  • If you have a sensitive scalp when applying hair color. Try adding 2 packets of artificial sweetener to the formula.
  • If your hair colour has gone too dark on the ends, apply a small amount of regular dish soap to affected area. The high PH of the soap will gently remove some of the color build-up.(unfortunately I have had to try this and it worked)
  • For damaged hair mix avocado and egg yolk. 
  • Another conditioning solution is to mix olive oil, honey and an egg yolk.
  • If you have blonde hair and want to brighten your colour, use a mix of steeped chamomile tea and lemon.
  • Darken your hair with coffee.

Again, I haven't tried any of these recipes so try them at your own risk.  I will let you know how it goes for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Posts Previous Posts Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...